Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Morning!

Christmas Morning is spent with Grandma and Grandpa Chugg while we are up in Utah (since we sleep there!)  Kat was up about 7:45 and tried to wake Daddy up, but he said he wasn't getting up until Mommy got up.  So, Kat tried to convince me to wake up, but Emma wasn't too ready to wake up!  By 8:30 all of us were up, including Grandma and Grandpa!  We aren't in too big of a hurry around here! :)

The girls went in to see what Santa had left for them.  They opened up their stockings first, finding lots of treasures in there!  The got little toys, jewelry, candy, and more!
 Kat was super excited to get 'dangly' earrings!  Santa must know how badly she wants to wear them!
 Emma loved getting her 'own' jewelry, too!
 After the stocking were empty, the girls went through the other things Santa had left them.  New toothbrush sets, games and activities, new dresses and a couple of wrapped treasures.  Kat was first to discover their 'big' present - Nintendo DS systems!
 Kat has been asking for a DS for years!  This year, I guess her wish was granted!  Emma didn't get what it was at first, but when she finally figured out that she could play games on it, she was super excited!
They each got a few games from Santa as well!  The girls are now in Heaven!
 Then it was on to the presents under the tree.  The girls, once again, were spoiled!  I was worried that things would be too tight to get them all of the things they wanted, but they were each content with the loot they recieved!  (Who would blame them, they got a ton of stuff!)
 Grandma Chugg took Kat shopping a few days before Christmas and let her pick out a couple of new outfits and a new pair of shoes.  Kat was in heaven!
 Emma got a pillow pet from Grandma and Grandpa and has slept with it every night since!
Mat and I again, were spoiled by y parents.  They bought me some new maternity clothes which I am realizing I am starting to need!  Mat got gift certificates to two different places and yummy chocolates.  Thanks mom and dad!

I try to make myself remember what the true meaning of Christmas is.  That it isn't about all of the presents and gift giving.  Our Savior was born and came to this Earth for us.  What a special gift that is.  I think another special gift is to be able to be with family at this special time of year.  I am so thankful that we were able to go tot Utah to be with both sides of family to celebrate and just be together!

No comments:

Post a Comment