Thursday, September 1, 2011

Kindergarten!

Emma is an official school girl!  She is in Kindergarten this year!  Ahhh!  Where has the past 5 years gone?  I can't believe she is in kindergarten already!  Crazy!

Emma was kind of indifferent about school starting.  She didn't really care about it, really!  When we did clothes shopping she was kind of uninterested (but that may be because we were buying uniforms, not princess clothes!)  She was excited to pick out a bookbag and wears it happily every day! 

On the first day of school she was excited but unsure.  We rode with her new friend, Cody, and his mom.  We are carpooling with them, so we thought it would be good for them to get to know us and get use to each other.  When we got to school I walked her into her classroom and she was still doing ok.  I thought we might get out of this without any tears!  I spoke too soon!  As soon as she sat down she started crying and then latched onto me for dear life!  Twice I pried her off of me and sat her down.  The third time she ran to me, her teacher grabbed her and hugged her for a minute.  I snuck out the door and quietly watched as her teacher got her a tissue and sat her back down next to Cody.  I am told that she did ok after that!

I am really excited for her to be in this new school and I really adore her teacher.  There have been a few more tears, but she has done a lot better than I expected! 




Here's to a great year of Kindergarten!  I love you, Emma!  Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you and know you'll do awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment