Thursday, October 27, 2011

Trunk-or-Treat

We had our Ward's Trunk-or-Treat Tuesday night.  The weather was great (almost chilly, but not quite!) The girls ran around with their friends the whole time - including Emma.  At one point she told Mat "Dad, just go sit down, I am playing with my friends!" and off she went!

It was kind of a crazy night getting to the church.  On the way home from school, our car overheated and so I pulled over at Sonic and got all of the kids a slushy while I figured out what to do.  I called Michelle, who I carpool with, and she came and rescued the kiddos.  Then Mat came from work to follow me home with the car.  I was exhausted, frustrated, and tired by the time we eventually got home.  Michelle was kind enough to loan us their van until we get our car fixed.  That left us about a half an hour to get ready and be over to the church.  We got there on time, only to realize that in my frantic state of mind I had left Lucy's costume and the candy at home.  Mat ran home to get it and we were fine.  It was just an adventure of a day!  Luckily, we ended the night with friends in the ward and a good time!









No comments:

Post a Comment