We had a Primary Activity at the Las Vegas Temple. It was a very neat experience.
Brother Webb, the 2nd counselor in the Bishopric, took us on a walking tour outside of the temple. The kids were so reverent and listened so well. Even though it was windy and a chilly, they paid attention to the things Brother Webb taught them.
As we went around the south side of the building, there was a wedding party taking pictures. I felt bad that we were interrupting their moment, but they were so gracious. The wedding party made a little tunnel for all the kids to walk under and were so cute with the kids! I don't think the kids (or bride and groom!) will forget that special moment!
When we were done with the tour around the temple, we waited for a few minutes for one of the Temple Presidency to come and talk to us. I was amazed at how quietly and nicely the kids stood while waiting.
I thought that we would get to just go inside the first set of doors and have the President talk to us, but we got to take the kids into a little atrium right past the reception desk and then down to where the door is for the Baptisms for the Dead area.
Kathryn has wanted to go into the temple for so long and to see the look on her face as she was allowed to see (a very small) part of the temple was priceless. I remember standing in the atrium with all three of my girls, and Mat by my side and getting all emotional and teary eyed. We were in the temple as a family, an eternal family. It was very special to be able to experience that. I don't know when the next time that will happen will be.
The Spirit bore testimony to me of the importance of families, the importance of the temple, and that we are an Eternal Family. I am so thankful that we had the opportunity to go to the Temple and to feel the things we did. I hope that my girls, especially Kat since she is old enough to realize how important it was, remember the way they felt and the things they experienced that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment