Monday, May 21, 2012

Time to Grow Up!

This blog is mostly dedicated to the girls and all the fun they have growing up.  I figured, though, that maybe I should post something about me once and a while, since this is the only form of journaling that I do.  Maybe someday I will look back and learn something from what I write!

I have received a new calling.  When the bishop called to ask if he could come over, I had a feeling I knew what was coming.  I told my mom that I thought I might be called into R.S. and she told me that maybe it was time for me to grow up!

I have been serving as the Primary Secretary for the past 3 years with a Presidency that I have grown to love and adore.  I have loved and enjoyed this calling so much.  I have learned to love each child in our ward on a personal level and have gotten to know their individual personalities and testimonies.  I love being surrounded by their pure faith and love for the Savior.  I have learned the simple truths from them each week and was so sad when I knew my time with them was limited.

The bishop came over to our place and started talking about the ward changing and that they were redoing the Relief Society Presidency.  He told me that I was being asked to be the 2nd Counselor. 
Honestly, I had a wave of panick sweep over me for a second.  I hate change.  I hate new things.  I didn't want to leave my calling with the children.  I was so afraid of having to deal with 'real' problems, of dealing with adults!
But almost as soon as the wave of panic came over me, so did a wave of calm, of knowing this was what was next for me.  That didn't make it any less scary, but I knew that there was a reason I was being asked to be in the R.S. and that there would be new things to learn and Sisters to serve.
When I was told who the President was (Anne Burns) I was so relieved and humbled.  Anne is someone who I have gotten to know a little bit in Primary.  I have looked up to her as an amazing mom, and friend.  To know that she wanted me to serve next to her made it easier to accept the call.  I was also very relieved when I found out who the other counselor was (Dawna Webb).  I had served with her in the PTA and had learned to love her as a leader and mother, as well.  I knew that I have a lot to live up to with these women by me!  I also knew that I would be ok.  I knew the ladies I was serving with and knew that they are amazing!

The Sunday that the presented us to the Ward to sustain us, I was a basket case.  I was shaking, and felt like I was going to throw up.  I had a couple of days to process everything, but I think just made it worse!  I was literally freaking out!  I was nervous as how people would react to us replacing amazing ladies.  I was sad to have to leave Primary.  I was afraid of what I was getting into!  I cried going into Primary for the last time as their Secretary.  I cried when my friend and President, Michelle, called me up to tell all the kids I was leaving.  I cried as the kids came up and gave me hugs.  It was very overwhelming to see the love the kids showed me.

It has been a few weeks now, and I am slowly getting use to not going into Primary.  I still feel a little lost!  I totally feel unworthy to be sitting at the fron to of the room during R.S. meeting and having so many former Presidents, leaders, and Matriarchs of our ward looking at me!  I have had so many wonderful ladies 'congratualate' me and tell me that I will do great.  It is nice to see that they have faith in me.  Hopefully over time I will share that faith!

I am humbled and honored to be serving in the R.S. now.  It has taken awhile to get there.  But I really am starting to enjoy it.  I get to be over the additional meetings held during the week, and I am excited to for that.  It will be fun to get to know all of the Sisters in the ward.  I hope I can do justice to the calling and I hope that I can follow the Spirit daily to be able to help the women in our ward.  It will take a lot of prayer and humbling myself to fulfill this calling. 

It is still scary, but I have felt the Spirit very strongly over the past couple of weeks.  I know that I am suppose to grow up... at least for a little while! 



No comments:

Post a Comment