I wanted to do something fun for Kat for her birthday and so I decided to "Heart Attack" her bed. I cut out tons of hearts and Emma helped color, decorate, and write cute things on the hearts. Then we I blew up a bunch of balloons and we went to town decorating Kat's bed. I made Emma climb up on the bunk bed to tape the hearts because there was no way I was gonna climb my pregnant butt up there! :)
When Kat got home from school, Em told her she had a surprise and took Kat into their room. Kathryn was completely surprised and excited! I wish I would have had the camera, because her face was priceless!
For Kat's Birthday Dinner, she asked me to make my 'homemade chicken nuggets' and fries. (Basically I just take some chicken tenders, bread them and grill them. The girls love 'em!) Daddy stayed home from his classes (with pre-approval from his professor) and so we actually had dinner as a family on a weekday! It was great! The Grandmas both called to wish Kat a Happy Birthday and then it was finally time for presents!!
I was kind of shocked this year when I kept asking her what she wanted for her birthday - she wanted toys. I think after a year of 'being a mature and grown up' 8 year old, she was ready to be a kid again! I guess I also forget that she still likes to play and be a kid. After Christmas, she told me she basically wanted what Emma got, dolls and toys! It actually made my life kind of easy and less stressful trying to figure out what my 'tweeny-bopper' would want!
Before school I let her open a present - two new shirts - so she could pick which one she wanted to wear to school for her birthday. See, she does still like to get clothes too!
She really wanted the new Selena Gomez CD. She got one for Christmas from us and I guess it wasn't the 'right one'! She was very happy!
She got a new Barbie and new clothes for her Barbies.
She got a Zhu Zhu Puppy and a little dress for it. Emma helped pick this one out!
Emma was just as excited about Kat opening her presents as Kat was! She had helped me wrap them earlier and couldn't wait!
She also got a few crafty things, which apparently I did not take a picture of! She is still quite a crafty little lady!
While Daddy opened all of the packages, the girls danced to the new Selena Gomez CD! Silly Girls!
A little too close!!!
Kat's favorite is Ice Cream Cakes. So, I got her an Oreo Ice Cream Cake from DQ - Delicious!!!
Yes, there are only 5 candles on her cake. That's all I had! Darn it.
Daddy reminded Kat that she needed to make a wish - right before Kat almost blew out the candles!
So, then she had to think about it (which requires her to concentrate and cover her eyes while thinking!) and try to block her sister from blowing out her candles!
Finally! Make a Wish!!!
I hope Kat had a great birthday. She seemed to enjoy very minute of it and being the center of attention! She is getting so big, I can hardly believe it! She is a great student and has an amazing Testimony. I really couldn't ask for a better Kathryn!
I love you sweety! Happy Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment