Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Kathryn

Kat had a Dr's appointment today with a Cardiologist.  She did great.  The dr was really nice and easy to talk to.  Her pediatrician had recommended going to the Cardiologist because of her weight and because of our family history. 

Knowing all of the family history with heart issues (especially on my mom's side) I was totally on board with the appointment.  Still, I was a little nervous that they might actually find something.  They did an EKG first, and then when the dr heard all of the family problems he wanted to do an Echocardiogram.  Both came back great.  She has a beautifully healthy heart!  I am super relieved! 

Some of her blood work results for her Thryroid came back a little out of wack.  One part is elevated and one is low.  So the Cardiologist is refering us to an endocrynologist to try to figure out that part.  Kat's cholesterol levels are normal though, so that's good.  (Cholesterol is another worry of mine since I have always had really high cholesterol and it also runs in the family!). 
Kat also has an appointment with a nutritionist in a couple of weeks, which I think will be good for Kat to learn some basics about food and nutrition.  After that, we'll see what the dr wants to do.  They have a whole network of drs, including psychologists and fitness coaches.  I think it will be good for Kat to learn some things that she can use for the rest of her life!  I just want to touch all of the bases and make sure she is healthy.

Next week I have an appointment for my own Echo.  Hopefully that will also go well!

No comments:

Post a Comment