Today was my follow-up Ultrasound for the baby. Mat came with me but we left the girls with a neighbor, just in case there was bad news. I didn't want to have to explain things to them while sitting in the Dr's office.
I was an anxious, nervous wreck. I have been trying not to think about it all week and then today it hit me that I was about to find out if my baby was going to be ok.
The ultrasound tech first checked the heart out and did a full echo cardiogram. The baby's heart was perfect! Yay! Everything looked normal and how it should be! Phew!
But that whole ten minutes of the tech looking at the heart Mat and I were both wanting to see the brain, as that was where the cyst was before. Finally, the tech did the rest of the ultrasound on the baby. She went to the head first, obviously knowing that was a source of concern from before. We didn't have to wait for her to tell us if the cyst had shrunk or possibly disappeared altogether. We saw no white spot. No cyst! I was so relieved I had a few tears try to escape. I was so shocked, but so relieved all at once.
I think it was a miracle. A result of fasting and prayers. Thank you to everyone who fasted and prayed for us, and put our names on the temple prayer sheets. I know that without all of this we may be in a different mood at our house right now. I am so thankful that all is well with the baby. Hopefully now I can enjoy (?!?) being pregnant for the next 16 weeks and prepare our home and lives for this new baby!
Here's the baby's Profile!
She likes sucking on her fingers!
She is still a GIRL!
Every time we see her she has her arms and hands up like a boxer! I guess she is gonna come out fighting!
Our little fighter!
Thank you again to everyone who has been thinking about us!





No comments:
Post a Comment