Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Limbo

Mat and I have been looking to move for the past three months or so.  We knew our lease was up in Feb (which it actually turned out to be Jan.) and with the new baby coming it would be a great time to find a new place with a little more space for everyone.  So we have been looking online and driving around to different areas to see which ones looked good and safe.  I can not even tell you how many homes I have gone to see just to be told that an application was already put in, or it was already rented out.  It has been very frustrating.  Another frustrating part of the equation is that we really love our ward and do not want to leave it, but the boundaries are a bit limited and nothing seems to be for rent - other than apartments.

I am getting frustrated by the state of limbo that our lives are in at the moment.  If I weren't 6 months pregnant, it might not be as bad.  But as the weeks pass by and we get closer to welcoming this new baby into our family, it stresses me out!  I can barely help with moving boxes and heavy things as it is, just think if I was 8 months pregnant and can't do anything!!!  Plus, it is kind of hard to get ready for a baby when you aren't sure where you will be at!  I want to set the crib up and get things situated.  I want to get the house set up and cleaned up as we get closer.  But those things have to wait.

After this past weekend of another hopeful place falling through, Mat and I have decided that if we have not found a place by the end of this month that we will stay put until after the baby.  That way we can just get things organized here and let ourselves get excited about our growing family.  Hopefully this will take some of the stress off of me and Mat and will help the girls get excited to know that soon they will have a new little sister.

That's the plan.  We'll see how long it lasts! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment