Yesterday was my monthly Dr's appointment. Yay!?! First off, I will never go on a Monday again! Jeeze, I walked in and almost every chair in the waiting room was full of uncomfortably pregnant ladies, some with hubbies or partners in tow. Usually when I go on Thursdays there are a few patients waiting, and it's no big deal because there are 3 dr's at this office and so it usually is split up among dr's and I only wait a few minutes.
I knew this appointment would be a little longer than usual anyway because I had to drink the delicious orange beverage for my glucose test and then wait an hour to have blood drawn. Thankfully, the nurse took my stats and gave me the drink first thing when I go there so I could use the hour in the waiting room as my hour before the blood test!
Emma came with me and luckily she was pretty good. She happily played her Dora game on her DS while we waited. Though by the time I finally saw my Dr, she was pretty over it and wanted to leave! Nothing a little bribery of a Happy Meal can't fix! (It was Cafe Rio all the way for me!)
Anyway, everything is looking good. My tummy is measuring just right - which I find odd because I swear I look like I am ready to pop! The baby's heartbeat sounds perfect, and my Dr was pleased that my last ultrasound showed everything had cleared up. I also let her know that my Cardiologist appointment had went well and that my heart was looking good, and I will go back when I am about 34 weeks to have my heart checked out again. I *only* gained a couple of pounds this month, so it puts me at gaining about 14lbs. (Not too shabby, since both of the other girls I had gained at least 20+ by this point!) We'll see how the blood work comes back, but I am pretty sure it will be fine.
I am feeling decent these days. Not great, but not horrible.
My migraines have eased up a little bit. I still would say I get at least one really good headache a week, but that's better than a couple of migraines a week.
Heartburn is my enemy and will probably stay that way until I have this baby! My dr did give me the ok to take over the counter Heartburn meds though, so I am getting some today! Tums can only take the edge off a little bit and it is getting old!
Sleeping is getting to be tricky. A few nights a week I get really bad Restless Leg Syndrome and it annoys the heck out of me. I will lay there tossing and turning, praying for sleep. Those nights I am lucky for 3-4 hours of actual sleep. The other nights, when I actually can fall asleep, I have a hard time getting comfy and crave sleeping on my tummy! :) Also, the trips to the potty in the middle of the night are rather annoying too!
The baby gets very active during the day and the girls love it if they actually get to feel a bump or a push. It is a little hard for them to know what they are feeling right now, especially Emma. Plus, my placenta is still in the front, so the baby is kind of buried and that makes it hard for them to feel her.
I am feeling more preggo everyday and am getting excited to see this little girl. There are a ton of ladies pregnant around me down here, and friends up in Utah, so it is kind of crazy. Most of the ladies in my ward are due before me, so I am sure I will be super jealous and more than ready to have this baby when I start seeing all the new babies around me! My anxiousness about problems had subsided for the most part, though there are always worries until the baby is born. I am starting to feel the 'nesting' come out in me, especially since I think we will be staying in our apartment until after the baby comes. I am trying to figure out how we will fit and make it all work!
Next week I am 'officially' in my 3rd trimester!!!! Yay!!! It's all downhill from there!
No comments:
Post a Comment