Thursday, April 7, 2011

Week 31 Checkup

Today's check up went well.  Baby's heartbeat sounds good and she is wiggling all over.  It was a pretty easy visit.  My glucose test from last time looked fine and all the bloodwork was good.
This little baby is starting to get big!  I can tell because she wiggles around all the time and pushes down on my bladder but up into my ribs or side at the same time!  Most nights I can feel a little head or butt pushing out on my tummy!  It is funny to feel, even if it is uncomfortable!
I go back in two weeks and then it is weekly after that!  It is really starting to catch up with us!  This little peanut will be here before we know it!

I told the dr some of my 'new' symptoms - dizzy spells, hard time breathing, tightness in my chest like an anxiety attack.  She ordered some bloodwork to check my iron and thyroid levels to see if they are low and could be causing the dizziness and tiredness.  Then she told me to call my Cardiologist and see what she thinks.  I am scheduled to go back to my Cardiologist the first part of May, but they may want me to come in earlier.
It does have me a tiny bit worried that something could be up, but I am trying not to think about it too much because it will give me anxiety! :)  I have had to learn not to worry too much about things that may turn out ok.  So, we just have to wait for the Cardiologist to call back and see what to do from there.




I have to vent a little about insurance now.  I have a little pile of bills that for some reason or another my insurance decided that they don't want to pay.  I called today to try to clear up some of these, thinking that maybe it was a mistake and something got filed wrong.  Well, according to the lady I talked to, it is all as it should be and there are about $1300 worth of bloodwork and other various tests that my insurance doesn't pay for.  Some of it is from 'genetic testing' - bloodwork that test for deformities and abnormalities in the fetus.  Apparently these had to be 'pre authorized' and they weren't.  I put in an appeal for them to be paid and it was denied.  That is about $650 worth of tests that my dr ordered and I just went along with.  I had them done with my other girls and never had to pay for them.  The rest is all the blood work that my dr ordered at appointments (like today when I had more blood drawn).  Apparently they are not covered in appointments like it says in our Benefits statements.  I am so frustrated!!!  What good is it to have insurance when you still have all of this out of pocket?  I have already paid my dr the $400 for my maternity services (which don't include the hospital stay) and around $400 for my ultrasound deductibles and co pays.
I got really frustrated on the phone with the insurance lady and basically hung up on her and then started bawling.  Sure, mostly that was because of these awesome pregnancy hormones.  I am just sick of worrying about how I am going to get it all paid.  With the other girls we didn't have these issues with insurance and so I am just really  frustrated!!! 
Sorry, that is my rant about insurance.  Thanks for listening!

1 comment:

  1. Oh don't even get me started about insurance! It is so dumb!!! What good is a pre-authorization? They should just pay it because the Dr. ordered it!

    I am glad to hear that everything with the baby is going well. I can't believe how close you are getting to having that new princess! I can't wait, so I can only imagine how you are feeling.

    Keep listening to your body! You can never be too careful, just don't worry too much. As my mother would say "Don't borrow trouble!".

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete