Saturday, April 2, 2011

Science Project!

Kathryn presented her Science Project to her class yesterday.  She named her project 'Goo! Eww!' and showed how you can make 'goo' with kitchen ingredients.  She tried mixing water with flour, powder sugar, cornmeal, and cornstarch.  She discovered that cornstarch mixed with water creates a gooey substance that is the best and funnest to play with.

She did a great job of presenting her ideas and findings to her class.  I only had to remind her not to turn her back to her class a couple of times!  The kids liked seeing the different mixtures and being able to see the experiment happen. 




This was her first time of doing a science project and I think it turned out great.  Yes, I helped her with it - she is only in 3rd grade so she does need a little help and supervision!  We worked on the board together and she glued and cut right along with me.  I took pictures of her doing all of her experiments by herself and helped her organize everything.  She was able to get up and tell all about her project and explain everything to her class.  She did a great job!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment