Friday, December 16, 2011

Lucy is 6 months old!

Lucy is 6 months old!!! 
How did we celebrate?  She got to eat animal crackers! :)  And she loved it!
Big drooly smiles, what is better than that?





Lucy had to get more shots at her dr.'s appointment.  She never likes them, but only cries for a minute and then is fine.  This whole week she has been really fussy, though, so I think all the stuff gets in her system and takes a while to get through. 

I have weened her because my milk dried up, and so now she is on formula only.  (I think I had enough milk to keep her alive but feel like I was starting to starve her!)  It is so different than nursing.  We have never had to use formula and so in some ways, it feels like we are first time parents!  I had to ask the pediatrician how much and how often I should be feeding her!  Crazy!  Luckily she has done great with switching and takes a bottle like a champ.

Switching to formula has seemed to help her sleep longer at night.  She usually only wakes up once around 3 am or so to eat.  Hopefully soon she will learn that she can go even longer between feedings and sleep all the way through the night!

Lucy is a rolly polly and never sits still!  She is even pushing herself up onto her knees and off her tummy - I am not encouraging crawling!  She can finally sit up by herself, but I think she prefers to be lying down because she can move around!

She is a talker and her sound at the moment is 'da da'.  Not that we think it means dad, but it is fun to hear her try out new sounds.  She also loves to laugh, though Emma is the best at getting her to laugh.  Mat and I can get little giggles, but the girls are better at the big laughs.  She loves her big sisters!

Lucy's Growth Stats for 6 months:
16 lb 9.5 oz.
57%
(She is the same percentile as at 4 months, so that is good.  Hoping the formula helps her pack on a little more weight!)

26.75 in.
79%
(She is getting taller faster than heavier.  She grew almost 2 inches in 2 months!)

17 in. (head)
74%


Everything looked great at her check up and she is just a great baby!  We are very blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment