Friday, June 3, 2011

Anxieties and a long day!

Today is going to be a long day!  Mat and I will head to the hospital around 6:30 tonight to get me admitted and everything going for my induction.  I have been trying to be prepared for this day for a long time, but I don't think you ever are actually 'ready'!

I couldn't sleep last night because my mind was racing with all of the things I 'need' to do.  Mostly I am thinking of the girls and what I need to do to make them less stressed about mom and dad being gone at the hospital.  I was also trying to think of all the things I need at the hospital for me and the baby.  Most if it is nonsense and isn't really a big deal, but you know how it is when your mind starts going - it is hard for it to stop!

The girls are excited and I think are just ready for the baby to be here and have it all done with!   I ask Em if she is ready to be a big sister and she says she is but I don't think she really knows what to expect.  I don't really know how to prepare her either!  How does a five year old prepare for a baby to come into her life?  I feel a little bad because I know it it going to be hard for her and a big adjustment. 
We let Kathryn stay home from school today because she is super anxious for this baby.  She has anxieties about the baby and mommy.  She is also anxious about being a big sister and the responsibilities that come with that.  You would think that a 9 yr. old would just be excited to have a new baby.  I think she is very excited about having a new baby, but also anxious about all that is about to change!

I can not believe that tomorrow we will have a new little one here!  It has been 5 years since we welcomed Emma into our family and so it will be a big adjustment.  I think it is hard to know what to expect and how life will change.  I think we are just ready for the adventure of pregnancy to be over with and the new adventure of our family growing to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment