The past month or so I have had a few projects in the works and I finally got some done!
Owl Teethers and Burp cloths!
I am one of 8 women in my ward to be pregnant and due in the next month or so. (OK, so two women have already had theirs, but we have all been prego together since the fall!) Every single one of them is having a boy! How am I the only one having a girl? I have no idea. All I know is that there are a few of the ladies that are a little jealous! :)
Any who, I knew I needed to have something that I could give to all of them for their babies. I found this idea online and thought it would be perfect! So, I made a bunch of boy ones and a few girl ones. I bundled them up with some burp cloths, some baby Tylenol and other random things that I figured they needed for teething (everyone got something a little different!) I sent one up to my sis-in-law Julia for her baby shower and made me one! :)
I think they turned out pretty cute and everyone seemed to like them!
Teacher/Worker Appreciation Gift
(Don't mind the sideways pic - I am too lazy to fix it!)
This week is Teacher Appreciation week, so I have been looking for ideas that we could do for the girls teachers. I (again) looked online for some ideas. (Hey, I am a blog-stalker, what can I say!?!) I found these ideas and decided to combine a couple of them into one. I made this little saying in Photoshop:
Then I cut tags on my Cricut, tied it all together and wa-laa!
At work, Mat was suppose to do something for his team since apparently it is also Worker Appreciation Week! He was a little freaked out, but I told him not to worry, because I was already in the process of making these! Bonus! So, twenty boxes of Sweedish fish and a couple boxes of rootbeer later, we got it all done! :)
Baby's Room Curtains
Last but not least, here are the curtains I finally finished for the nursery. Let me say, it is not a very easy task for an 8 month preggo lady to try to cut, iron, and sew curtains! I wish I was at my mom's house and could use her nice high sewing table to cut, iron, and pin fabric on! My belly gets in the way when I try to do just about anything!
The room the baby (and Emma eventually) will be in used to be the 'master bedroom' and so we had dark brown curtains up. Knowing that dark brown isn't very 'baby', I knew I needed to transform them into something new. (Hey, I wasn't gonna go buy new panels!) I found this cute fabric at Hobby Lobby and $30 in fabric, about 5 broken needles, and a week or so of trying to get it all done in little bursts of energy later - we have some cute girly curtains up!
It is one of the only things that even says 'baby' or 'girl' about this room! I have a few other projects that are about half done, so right now it has the futon and other randomness in it! Luckily, next week Mat's parents and sisters are coming down with our crib and the rest of the baby paraphernalia that we can get this baby room ready!
So, that is what I have been working on! Hopefully I will be able to finish up a few more things in the next couple of weeks before the baby comes!

No comments:
Post a Comment