Friday, May 27, 2011

Week 38 Check up

Yesterday was my Week 38 check- up.  It did not leave me very happy, to say the least.
This baby doesn't want to drop at all.  When my dr checked me to see if I was dilating and thinning it hurt so bad!  My dr was trying to get a good idea of what was going on and apparently needs longer fingers (sorry to be somewhat graphic, but it's true!)  The baby is still really high.  Gotta do some research on how to get her to drop!  My dr said though, that the more pregnancies you have the longer the baby will sit high up. 
She did say that I was starting to thin out a little and was maybe dilated to a 1.  A 1?  Really?!?!  Can't throw me a bone and say at least a 2?  Oh well.

Then the worst part - she said she wouldn't schedule my induction (as she had told me a month ago she would and so I had made arrangements for this coming week to have this baby out of me!  grrr!).  She wants me to come back next Thurs.  (the day I should be induced) for my regularly scheduled appointment and we will see if I have made any more progress.  I tried (more than once) to tell her that I had to be induced with the other two and that I never 'went into labor' with them.  That I never got past a '2' and that they both sat high until my water broke.  I think the second time I told her she started to realize that I will have to be induced.

There is one part of me, though, that doesn't want to go too early because I don't want to be in labor for a whole day only to turn into having to have a c-section.  I do want the baby to be ready and to drop down.  However, I know my body and am 99% positive I will not go into labor on my own.

Also, my parents are heading down on Wed.  The plan was to have my dad be here to take care of Kat and Em while my mom was at the hospital with Mat and me.  Then my mom is staying until the next weekend to help with everything in our first few days home as a family of 5.  Now I am worried that maybe my dad will not be here for the birth if we don't get the ball rolling.  And, my mom might have to leave without being here for very long with the baby home.  I guess everything will turn out alright, but I had hoped to avoid all of this stress by scheduling my induction like my dr had told me!

I am hoping that on Thurs I will go in and be far enough along to convince my dr to send me to the hospital for delivery, either that day or on Friday.  I would be ok with that.  I just am so ready to be done!!!!  I am so sore and tired.  I can barely do anything.  Bending over is nearly impossible - Emma is my little helper, picker upper!  My feet and hands and face are super swollen and uncomfortable.  I can't sleep.  My tummy hurts.  I have braxton hicks contractions all day long with a few really hard, good contractions thrown in.  Ya, I am ready to be done. 
The baby's heartbeat is great, and my blood pressure has stayed low.  We are good and healthy and ready!
Hopefully, we will meet our baby girl this coming week!  We will spend our Memorial Day weekend finishing up getting everything ready and hope it happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment