Thursday, May 19, 2011

Week 37 Check Up

Today was my weekly checkup.  I get there and the receptionist tells me my dr is out delivering a baby and won't be back for more than an hour.  I could reschedule, or I can be seen by one of the other drs in the office.  Without thinking, I said that it would be fine to be seen by the other dr.  I should have rescheduled.  With all the stuff I have been feeling this week, including having the baby monitored, it probably would have been wise to see my own dr.

The dr I did see was nice enough, but he doesn't know my stuff - the what what of my pregnancy.  He listened to the hear beat and checked to see if I was dilating at all.  Still nothing.  She is still sitting very high up.  As the dr said "She is way up in Washington".  And that was about it.  I told him some of my symptoms and to everything he simply replied "That's pretty normal".  That's not what I wanted to hear!  I want to know why I have been cramping up and what all the contractions I have been having are doing to the baby.

So, pretty much, I am annoyed.  Annoyed with the dr. being not my dr.  Annoyed with the other lady that was in labor and took my dr away!  Annoyed that my baby is still 'in Washington' and doesn't want to come down to Vegas!  Annoyed with feeling like crap.  Annoyed with not being able to do things I want and need to do.  Annoyed with being annoyed!

Another week, at least.  I guess.  I don't know anymore.  I really thought the baby had dropped, at least a little.  I have had a lot of pressure on my pelvis, along with pains and cramps.  I figured she was finally making her way down.   Nope. 
I am just tired.  I am cranky today too, because I didn't sleep last night.   
My feet and hands and face are swollen.  Sick of that.  Sick of feeling like I am a balloon that is ready to pop!
I am uncomfortable.  It hurts to sit.  It hurts to lay down.  It hurts to walk.
My heartburn is back.  I thought that the medicine was working - and I think it was - for a while.  Now it hurts all the time again.  Can't wait for that to be done!

I know I am just complaining.  That's just the mood I am in.  I am soooo ready to be done.  I thought it was close.  Really close.  Then I am told it is no where near.  That sucks. 
So, I will go do some laundry and try to pretend that nesting will make it all ok.  Who am I kidding?  Nesting sucks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment