Last weekend Mat's parents and sisters brought our crib and the rest of our bay stuff down. We finally are looking like we are having a baby! :) Mat even said it didn't seem real until he kept walking into that room and there was a crib!
So now our crib is set up, we have our car seat and swing, we have the bouncy chair and play saucer, and my parents sent their play yard for us to use in our room for the first little while! Whew! It was a lot of baby stuff! I forget how much room it all takes up! It will definitely make things even tighter around here!
Here is the crib, complete with bumper and sheet set from Aunt Cristin! It is super cute! It is hard to see in the picture, but it has big lady bugs on it and is in pink and brown to match the curtains I made. It came with a blanket/comforter that I am going to hang on the wall, but have to find some clips for that still.
This is a blanket I made for the baby. Emma picked out this fabric a couple of months ago and I have just not gotten around to make it. I finally tackled it this weekend and I thing it turned out darling. I added the silky binding (mostly because my edges looked horrible!) because I thought it looked more 'finished' that way. I almost made my own binding out of the plain pink fabric, but then realized it was just a lot easier to go buy it! :)
I also made a few burp clothes with the extra fabric.
~~~
My other projects that have been in the works included these metal buckets that I got on clearance after Easter. I pulled the flowers off and spray painted them brown. I added some ribbon and a big flower on the middle one. Not too shabby. They are now sitting on the dresser holding baby socks, binkies, hair clips and other tiny necessities!
My other projects that have been in the works included these metal buckets that I got on clearance after Easter. I pulled the flowers off and spray painted them brown. I added some ribbon and a big flower on the middle one. Not too shabby. They are now sitting on the dresser holding baby socks, binkies, hair clips and other tiny necessities!
I have had this wooden tray forever and it has just been sitting in my craft closet. I decided to spray it brown as well and then added some paper and ribbon. It will be on a night stand with a few frames and momentos in it.
Since we have not 100% decided on a name yet, I bought some letters to spell out BABY with. I let the girls help me with this project. First we painted the wooden letters pink. Then we added some paper and sanded the edges. The girls gave the letters a nice coat of modpodge and I added a few rhinestones on to give it some bling. We then hot glued it to some ribbon to hang it up. I think it turned out pretty cute!
So there you have it. We have been busy getting things all fancy and ready for this baby!
Hopefully she will make her entrance soon! My dr told me we could schedule an induction for June 2 or 3, so at my appointment this week we will see when her 'eviction' date will be set for!
p.s. That means about 10 days and counting!
No comments:
Post a Comment