Friday, May 6, 2011

Week 35 Check up

Yesterday I had two doctor's appointments.  The first was with my cardiologist for a follow up Echo cardiogram to see if my heart was still handling being pregnant alright.  Great news!  Everything looks good!  My heart looks fine - no enlargement and not too much stress on it other than the normal stresses of pregnancy.  My dr was super optimistic that everything would turn out fine.  The funny thing that she said to me was that I looked pale and asked if I was anemic.  First of all, I thought it was funny that she would say that I looked pale because she has only met me a couple of times.  Then I told her that I have always been anemic and that I am on iron pills at the moment.  I guess I need to get a little sun! :)

Next, I went to my OB appointment.  Being 35 weeks and going every week means that my dr will be checking me to see if I am dilating at all and if my body is getting ready for the baby.  So, she checked me and looked a little confused.  First, the baby is super high up still, which doesn't surprise me because I carry really high and I don't really 'drop' until right before.  She said she couldn't feel the head but could feel something.  She went and got the portable ultrasound machine to check the baby to see if she was lying sideways or something.  Nope, she was head down but probably had a hand or arm up in the way.  Again, our baby likes to be stubborn!  I just hope she moves that arm out of the way before I start to push her out, otherwise she might end up C-section.  I am not dilated at all nor am I thinning out.  Not a shock to me - my body doesn't like to do that on it's own.  Hopefully over the next couple of weeks my body will prepare to push this baby out!
The heartbeat sounds great and all is well with all of my tests.  My drs are both a little concerned about the swelling going on with my feet, but my blood pressure is still low, so I think it is just because it is getting warm quickly.  They both advised me to put my feet up as often as possible.

I am feeling decent.  I have been a kind of sick to my stomach the past week or so, so that kind of sucks.  Also, everything is hard to do - sleep, sit, bend over, sleep. :)  I have a hard time sleeping and getting comfortable.  I am also always really hot (go figure!)  It is getting up into the high 90's here in Vegas, so that doesn't help me at all!  I think the next couple of weeks we will be trying out the pool to see if it is decently warm water!
Once and a while it kind of hits me that we are having another baby.  I don't think it will be real until she is here though!  I don't think it has hit Mat either!  We are just counting down the days until we get to meet our little angel and bring her home to be part of our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment